Goodwill of Central Iowa (GCI) prepares and places hundreds of individuals into sustainable employment each year through programs and services throughout central Iowa. GCI has been transforming lives through the power of work since 1955! Goodwill of Central Iowa is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused- on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day at Goodwill! We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as our next Job Coach.
What you'll do here:
Our Job Coaches provide on-the-job training to individuals with disabilities or other barriers to employment, monitor their progress, and assist them in maintaining employment. Job Coaches perform administrative duties, such as scheduling clients and providing documentation of services. Job Coaches analyze and resolve work problems and assist clients and employers in solving work problems. Job Coaches also conduct regularly scheduled placement follow-up to ensure job adjustment and retention.
The hours of this position will vary depending on client needs.
What you'll need:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, Education, Business or related field. 4-6 years of relatable work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
• One year of related experience required. Experience coaching or teaching other preferred.
• Ability to pass ASPE's Certified Employment Support Professionals (CESP) exam
• Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required
• Must be able to plan, schedule and implement work activities
• Must be able to communicate effectively and work with a variety of people in a pleasing manner
• Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals with disabilities, implement and/or give verbal and written instructions
• Must be able to carry, lift, push or pull fifty (50) pounds
• Must be able to perform basic math
• May need to be able to operate a forklift and related production equipment
• Must be able to demonstrate competency in confidential client matters
• Must have a valid driver's license, Class D Chauffeurs license, have a good driving record and be insurable
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and dependent adult and child abuse background check
Full-time employee benefits include health, dental, vision, company paid and voluntary life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and flexible spending accounts.
Full-time and part-time employee benefits include PTO, holiday and bereavement leave, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan option with company a 3% contribution plus a 2% match after your first year of employment.
Additional benefits include an employee assistance program, direct deposit, annual performance evaluations, and double-time (up to 8 hours) paid on company recognized holidays worked by hourly employees.
Career opportunities with Goodwill of Central Iowa (GCI) provide so much more than your average position. Each employee is an essential part of fulfilling our mission of improving the quality of life for all individuals. Revenue from our 19 stores provides skills training and helps people facing any type of barrier find employment. Each position at Goodwill contributes to making a positive impact directly in Central Iowa. Headquartered in Johnston, Iowa, GCI operates in a territory consisting of 22 counties across central Iowa, employing more than 400 individuals.
Goodwill of Central Iowa and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants
Are you ready to work for an organization that believes in the POWER of work?